All students in the College of Human Sciences are invited to attend the CHS Honors orientation held each semester. The purpose of these gatherings is to:
- Welcome students into the program
- Answer questions students may have about the program and its requirements
- Allow students to get to know each other
- Allow students to share their projects and experiences
- Give faculty and staff an opportunity to meet the honors students
Each student is required to attend at least one orientation shortly after being admitted to the program. These gatherings are usually held in November and April.