The College of Human Sciences is excited to give you a true taste of college life by offering "Day in the Life" campus visits. This second visit opportunity includes classes related to your prospective major, meeting CHS faculty, eating lunch on campus, and touring unique CHS facilities such a food sensory lab, kinesiology lab, the Center for Technology in Learning and Teaching laboratory, Joan Bice Underwood Tearoom, or clothing conservation lab, as well as campus facilities.
Sample Day in the Life itinerary:
8:30 a.m. Check-in at Human Sciences Visitors Center
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Attend classes
- Tour CHS facilities related to your major
12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. Eat lunch in the Joan Bice Underwood Tearoom or an Iowa State Dining Center.
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Meet with an academic adviser
- Attend class
The Day in the Life visits are open to students who meet all of the following requirements:
- Student is a high school senior.
- Student has been offered admission to Iowa State.
- Student has previously made an official campus visit through the Admissions Office.
Visit dates vary, depending on selected major, Ambassador availability, class activities and events occurring on campus and in the department, but are generally:
- mid-September through November
- February through mid-April
Typical hours: 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Parking: Parking is available for a small fee in the Memorial Union ramp on Lincoln Way.
- Please complete the registration form to let us know of your interest in a Day in the Life visit.
- In order to have enough time to plan for your visit, your registration form must be received a minimum of 3 weeks prior to your requested visit day.
- We will confirm receipt and status of your request within 2 business days.
Register for a Day in the Life.